Coastline is currently accepting resumes for a Community Mainstream Program Coordinator with a flexible work schedule. The successful candidate will report to the Home Care Manager. We are looking for a great qualified passionate candidate who has a caring nature and is knowledgeable of community services. The qualified candidate must have great initiative, organization and excellent working relations with the public and associates.
The Community Mainstream Program Coordinator is responsible to arrange day-to-day activities to ensure that all elderly low/moderate income clients of New Bedford are aware of and has access to all available services for integration into the community.
Qualifications & Functions
- Knowledge of the ethnic communities throughout the Greater New Bedford Area.
- SHINE Certified Counselor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; computer literate with satisfactory typing skills.
- Dependable transportation & a valid Massachusetts driver’s license required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with course work in social services or human services and one year’s experience in a similar position, OR four years’ experience servicing elders in a social service agency.
- Identify elders through referrals from agencies, case managers, housing authorities, senior housing sites, hospital emergency rooms, councils on aging, and other organizations and assist this population with opportunities and linkages to public service programs.
- Advocate on behalf of low/moderate income elderly individuals, including non-English speaking elderly who are eligible for services as well as assist them with the application process.
- Conduct presentations for social and community organizations.
- Assist with Medicare and Medicaid issues.
- Attend SHINE meetings.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the Dept. of Transitional Assistance, MASSHealth, PACE and other community benefit agencies.
- Bi-lingual in Portuguese/and or Spanish preferred but not required.
You may also apply online by following the link below or please stop by Coastline for an application.