Coastline is currently accepting resumes for a Development Director. This is a part-time position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The Development Director is responsible to plan, organize, direct, coordinate and evaluate Coastline’s development and fundraising activities to support initiatives as identified by the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Development Director will be trusted to cultivate and devise new strategies for fundraising while sustaining relationships with a wide variety of potential donors, foundations, local businesses and community partners. This position requires excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills in order to convey the importance of Coastline’s mission, programs and services to the members of the community and beyond.
Essential Functions and Experience
- Plans, develops and implements development initiatives and outreach strategies to promote and enhance Coastline’s mission, programs and services.
- Identifies, cultivates relationships and secures new donors.
- Explores and initiates new funding and development sources; develops proposals to address determined needs; and serves as primary contact for on-going funding source communications including data collection.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of available public and private service organizations and possible funding sources.
- Develops and executes a fundraising plan including annual giving, donor development, and other fundraising related activities.
- Designs and implements direct mail campaigns.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with donors, including ongoing correspondence and regular reports.
- Participates in creating a cohesive public relations strategy to position Coastline in the public and private sectors.
- Serves as liaison to the Board of Directors Development Committee.
- Serves as liaison to Coastline programs and departments ensuring agency staff are aware and knowledgeable about fundraising initiatives.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in positions of increasing fundraising complexity including major donor solicitation in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to design overall fundraising strategies, including the ability to conduct appropriate discovery work.
All applicants please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or please stop by Coastline for an application.