Coastline is currently accepting resumes for a Full-Time, Director-in-Training with the Area Agency on Aging Dept. The Director-in-Training/Area Agency on Aging Planner will be committed to an 18-month training and mentorship development program. The Planner’s primary function is to plan and coordinate all Area Agency on Aging activities to ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations; with the primary responsibility for the development of a comprehensive and coordinated service system for area elders.
This position demands a highly motivated and polished Planner who enjoys taking a systemic approach to writing and is a perfectionist when preparing a final product.
Qualifications and Essential Functions
- Knowledge of community organizations and social service systems, including experience in data collection, contract negotiation and compliance issues, as well as service planning.
- Serve as agency liaison to local Councils on Aging and other community groups serving the elderly community, as appropriate.
- Develop RFP process for AAA grants.
- Supervisory responsibility for AAA Grants Manager.
- Report on AAA activities to the Board of Directors and the Area Agency Advisory Council.
- Research and write proposals for private, state or federal funding.
- Supervisory responsibility for all grants, contracts and direct service awards funded by Title III of the Older Americans Act.
- Maintain all Title III activities for compliance, including: evaluations, statistical data reports, proposals, etc.
- Coordinate meetings with Area Plan and Title III Committees.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing skills required to complete grants, publications and notices.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively with other community agencies, managing deadlines and priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Social Work, Gerontology, Human Services, Business or related field and two (2) years’ experience in a human services agency; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Perform other duties as required.
You may also apply online by following the link below or please stop by Coastline for an application.