Coastline is currently accepting resumes for the Director of Finance position. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The candidate will be hands-on and responsible for the financial management and long-term growth of Coastline.
This position effectively manages all functions within the Finance Department and is the financial spokesperson for the organization working in collaboration with senior leadership on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
They will work closely with the CEO to understand how the scope of activities affects the financial risks and the opportunities of the entire organization. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional to work for a mission-driven, nonprofit agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. Master’s Degree or equivalent experience of at least 5 years in a senior financial leadership role, partnering with executive level staff in the development and implementation of sound financial strategies, preferably in a nonprofit setting is required.
- Ability to work with and interpret data for non-financial management staff and Board of Directors.
- Strong background, including a minimum of 5-10 years in nonprofit accounting.
- Experience with federal and state contracts.
- Excellent organization with a strong focus on; detail-orientation, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Uniform Financial Reporting requirements as mandated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Knowledge of Fund-Based Accounting/Grant Accounting.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills; written and verbal.
- Project management experience.
- High proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment required.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting software / familiarity with financial reporting systems and comprehension with payroll software.
Suitable candidates are encouraged to apply.
All applicants please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.