Coastline is currently accepting resumes for a Full-time General Maintenance Worker. The successful candidate will report to the Building and Grounds Manager.
A General Maintenance Worker must enjoy working outdoors, applying themselves to hands-on projects and perform an array of everyday maintenance tasks while following different workflows. The position would perform a variety of routine-to-semi-skilled duties in a single building such as areas of basic repairs/ general maintenance, landscaping (leaf removal, shoveling entryways, sidewalks, pathways, etc., and parking lot clean up, etc.) and other undetermined projects.
The General Maintenance Worker is an enthusiastic professional who shows pride in their work by ensuring the building environment is safe, clean and in good repair.
A General Maintenance Worker possesses a strong work-ethic who can prioritize multiple requests daily, sometimes on short notice with a positive approach. Commitment to getting the job done right and efficiently, including in emergencies is essential for ensuring operational excellence. The ability to exercise independent judgement and initiative within established guidelines is essential for your success as a General Maintenance Worker.
Essential Functions and Experience
- Performs general repairs and routine maintenance on building systems that do not require a specialized technician, ensuring that the work is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Inspects and identifies equipment or building systems in need of repair and troubleshoots as necessary.
- Maintains outside grounds year-round; snow removal, landscaping, leaf clean-up, and planting as well as emptying and maintaining trash receptacles.
- Performs all custodial duties as needed; empties trash, dusts office furniture, sweeps, vacuums and mops floors; washes and sanitizes restrooms, restocks disposables; wipes and sanitizes all hard surfaces.
- Maintains strict confidentiality while working in various areas.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintains good knowledge of safety practices.
- Punctual, reliable and communicates effectively.
- Works well independently with minimal supervision.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity; physically able to reach, stretch, bend and walk during the daily routine with the ability to stand for long lengths of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum of five (5) years working in industrial/commercial maintenance role.
- Valid MA Driver’s License is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
All applicants please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or please stop by Coastline for an application.