Coastline is currently accepting applications for a Meal on Wheels Driver to work 40 hours Bi-weekly, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-1:00pm. The successful candidate will report to the Food Service & Congregate Program Supervisor. The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of meals to seniors in the Greater New Bedford Area.
Candidate must be highly dependable and support teamwork. Communication is also a key element; notifying office if client does not answer the door or if any problems are discovered.
We are looking for great candidate who is hard-working, responsible and committed.
- Must be physically fit, as duties require going in and out of homes, climbing stairs and walking long distances.
- Comfortable to outdoor weather conditions during the four seasons.
- Maintain a professional and well-mannered personality towards seniors while displaying and understanding the goals of the Elderly Nutrition Program.
- Able to attend in service training outside of regularly scheduled hours.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate effectively within peers and the elder population; sensitive to the needs of the elderly and attentive to their health and general well-being.
- Vehicle must be maintained in operable mode; fueled and clean.
- May be required to perform other duties as required.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License and a good driving record are required.
You may also apply online by following the link below or please stop by Coastline for an application.