Coastline is currently accepting resumes for a Part-time Dietitian. The successful candidate will report to the ENP Director. The candidate will be responsible for planning and certification of menus, Nutritional Supplement Program, community education and outreach programs. The Registered Dietitian will work closely with the Elderly Program Director (as needed) in education, nutrition therapy and food service operations for home-delivery and congregate meals, as directed by state standards.
This position will require attendance for state and local meetings, seminars and workshops pertaining to nutrition-related activities. We are looking for a great candidate who is reliable, upstanding, highly organized, diligent and able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Essential Functions & Qualifications
- Ability to assess and provide geriatric nutritional counseling through home visits and phone consultations.
- Knowledge of food service principles and considerable expertise in the principles of nutrition; meal planning, certify menus meet federal and state requirements; monitor and utilize USDA commodity food usage.
- Effective logic, reasoning, writing and critical thinking.
- Plan and provide staff training and development regarding nutritional education.
- Ability to construct concise, professional nutritional assessments in a timely manner.
- Informative with food sanitation requirements and food allergen awareness.
- Professional demeanor, as well as an interpersonal and understanding of the elder community.
- Previous work experience in Senior Food and Nutrition Services, or training in the field of gerontology.
- Must have or become ServeSafe Certified, Allergen Certified and CPR Certified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, food service or related field, and Dietitian/Nutritionist Licensure.
Suitable candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: Susan Garriga, Employment Manager, at email@example.com
You may also apply online by following the link below or please stop by Coastline for an application.