Powerful Tools for Caregivers is a six-week educational program designed to help take care of you while you are caring for a relative, friend, or loved one. The Program is provided at no cost by Coastline.
The workshop will meet on Thursdays from 10 a.m. to noon. The class will start on Feb. 27 at the Mattapoisett Council on Aging, located at 17 Barstow St., Mattapoisett MA.
You will benefit from this class whether you are helping a parent, spouse, friend, someone who lives at home, in a nursing home, or across the country.
The educational program meets once a week for six weeks and covers the following topics:
- Week 1: Taking Care of You
- Week 2: Identifying and Reducing Stress
- Week 3: Communicating Feelings, Needs, and Concern
- Week 4: Communicating in Challenging Situations
- Week 5: Learning from our Emotion
- Week 6: Mastering Caregiving Decisions Cost:
Care for your care recipient may be available during your participation in the program. For more information or to register for classes, please call Stephanie Gibson at 774 510-5209 or email her at email@example.com.
Note: This program does not focus on specific diseases or hands-on caregiving for the care recipient. THESE WORKSHOPS ARE NOT INTENDED FOR PROFESSIONALS.