Coastline is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time, Senior Staff Accountant. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Staff Accountant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing support to ensure the Fiscal Department meets financial reporting and record keeping requirements expected of each Coastline program while meeting a constant stream of deadlines in a fast-paced team environment.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial information by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from Agency departments.
- Processes A/R Payments, backup for consumer payments and answers inquiries as necessary.
- Provides tracking and follow-up on outstanding consumer A/R balances.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; and reconciles accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Provides answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Gathers and prepares documentation for external auditors.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closings.
- Assists with budgeting and forecasting.
- Serves as back-up for Accounts Payable and Payroll functions.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all Agency information.
- Required to perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required with 3-4 years experience working in an Accounting Department
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, Word, and Power Point
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff and leadership.
- Demonstrated superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; with the ability to maintain a team approach while multi-tasking and managing deadlines.
- Familiarity with accounting software and programs.
- Previous experience working with federal and state contracts preferred.
All applicants please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or please stop by Coastline for an application.