Coastline is currently accepting resumes for a Full-Time, Staff Accountant-Payroll Specialist in the Fiscal Department. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Staff Accountant. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing support to ensure the Fiscal Department meets financial reporting and record keeping requirements of each program while meeting a constant stream of deadlines in a fast-paced team environment.
As a highly reliable professional the Staff Accountant-Payroll Specialist must possess strong numeracy and analytical skills, as well as effective interpersonal communication and time management skills.
- Process two bi-weekly payrolls; including tracking various employee deductions, time and attendance, sick and vacation time, accruals and MA PFMLA.
- Review both payrolls before finalizing to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for maintaining payroll database including new hires, terminations, salary increases, bonuses, garnishments and all various employee changes.
- Respond to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns.
- Adherence to and respect for confidential matters and issues is required.
- Assist the HR Department with related payroll tasks; payroll reports, verifications of wages, social security, workers compensation, PMFLA, etc.
- Assist HR Department with the Open Enrollment for the rollover of all benefit plans including updating rates for the new plan year in the payroll system. Enroll employees in elected benefits (BCBS, EyeMed, Group Dynamic, Hartford, RSI). Handle related disenrollment due to terminations, etc.
- PCA billing and other billings as needed.
- Assist with payroll-related journal entries.
- Provide backup support as needed within the Fiscal department & perform other tasks as assigned.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of technical skills; Microsoft Office, Word and Excel required.
- Multi-tasking with accuracy and prioritization of workload and deadlines.
- Self-motivated with ability to work through various levels of detail while communicating effectively.
- Team player; must possess the trait of staying positive and focused while working under tight deadlines.
- Overall understanding of accounting and exposure to management reporting systems.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or two years’ work experience in an accounting department.
Suitable candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: Susan Garriga, Employment Manager, at email@example.com
You may also apply online by following the link below or please stop by Coastline for an application.