Coastline is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time, Supportive Living Coordinator in the Home Care Department. The Supportive Living Coordinator will mainly operate from one of New Bedford’s Housing Authority properties.
The Supportive Living Coordinator will be committed to provide counseling regarding community-based services, as well as develop, coordinate and follow-up on a service plan or goals based on the assessment completed.
This position requires a reliable, highly organized and hard-working individual who is dedicated to supporting the well-being of elders and individuals with disabilities in a housing assistance environment.
- Assess the applicant/consumer’s needs for supportive services through a home visit evaluation of his/her social, physical, emotional and environmental circumstances as needed. Due to COVID-19 safety protocols have been implemented.
- Determine financial eligibility of clients for Home Care services and assess eligibility for SSI, Medicaid, etc.
- Re-evaluate and revise service plans on a regular basis to meet new goals and/or changing needs.
- Duties carried out in conformance to the Agency’s policies, procedures, services to clients and the public.
- Ability to maintain consumer case records in an accurate, thorough and confidential manner, while completing necessary documentation/reports in a timely manner.
- Advocate on behalf of applicant/recipient (when appropriate) to ensure that needs are met.
- Where necessary serve as a communication link with building management to identify resident concerns related to service needs, and participate in implementing solutions.
- Plan and conduct recreational, social and health promotional activities.
- Assume various other related duties as assigned.
- Bi-lingual in Portuguese and/or Spanish preferred, but no required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology, Sociology or related field; social work license (LSW or higher) preferred. Three to five years’ experience in a human services environment; excellent computer skills; ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment; skill in interpersonal communication and customer relations.
All applicants please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.