AGE IS AN ASSET; EXPERIENCE, A BENEFIT
The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is a paid job-training program that provides a bridge to employment for mature workers. Partner community service agencies provide supportive, real work settings that help mature workers transition into employment. SCSEP-enrolled participants are paid a state minimum wage for up to 20 hours per week.
INTERESTED IN TRAINING?
You qualify for the program if you:
- are age 55 or older.
- live within federal low-income guidelines.
- are willing to improve your job skills and learn new ones.
Through this job-training program you will:
- receive interviewing and job-search assistance.
- obtain computer and vocational training to update and build new skills.
- earn while you learn at an agency near your home.
- gain access to employers who want to hire experienced workers
HOW TO ENROLL IN THE PROGRAM
Please contact Karyl Ryan at 508-999-6400, ext. 177 or email@example.com to see if you qualify for the program.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PARTNER AGENCY/TRAINING SITE?
Training sites are partnered community service agencies.
Mature workers do much of their training through meaningful positions with community service agencies. These nonprofit and government service agencies are dedicated to providing training to build real-world skills while the work provided by the trainee directly benefits the community.
Many training sites hire their trainee after training is completed. Other benefits to the community and training site include:
- additional services to the community that would otherwise be too costly.
- development of skilled workers for both community service agencies and for-profit companies.
- training that improves a senior’s life in profound ways.
- enhancement of America ‘s ever-growing mature workforce.
FUNDING AND SUPPORT
Funding for the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) of Coastline Elderly Services comes from Senior Service America, Incorporated, headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland. Senior Service America is one of 18 nonprofit organizations awarded grants by the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration (DOLETA) and is one of the largest federally-funded program for older adults who seek civic engagement plus employment and training assistance. Check out seniorserviceamerica.org for more information.