The Age-Friendly New Bedford will be hosting an event designed for caregivers this winter.
Join the team on Feb. 7 from 10 a.m. to noon, as a panel of experts will discuss proven ways to manage stress, offer avenues of support, and offer advice for caring for yourself while you care for others. The event will take place at the Buttonwood Senior Center, located at 1 Oneida St. in Buttonwood Park.
Lunch, which includes lobster mac ‘n cheese, will also be served at this event.
For those interested in taking part, please RSVP to Christine Sullivan by calling 508-991-6170 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
The topics and presenters for this event will include:
- Katlynn Ferreira, a registered dietitian with Coastline who will discuss nutrition
- Kelly Cabral-Mosher, a social worker, will discuss mindfulness
- Justin Perreault, from The Bridge: A Center for Hope and Healing, will discuss meditation
- Cam Bergeron, a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and frequent Senior Scope contributor, will discuss healthy movement
- Grant Pike, a social worker, will talk about managing caregiver stress