Taking care of a person living with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia is specialized work. To do this work successfully, caregivers need special skills, knowledge, and a positive attitude that helps them care for themselves.
The Savvy Caregiver Program is a FREE six-session training for family and friends who are active caregivers, caring for those living with Alzheimer’s or related dementias. The next session of this program will be offered online.
The program will be held every Tuesday from 10 a.m. to noon, starting on May 18 and running to June 22. This program is offered for free by Coastline. Assistance with technology may be available.
For more information or to register, call Stephanie Gibson at 774-510-0193 or register online at healthyliving4me.org.
This program will help you:
- Understand the impact of dementia on both you and the person you are caring for
- Learn the skills you need to manage daily life
- Take control and set goals
- Communicate more effectively
- Strengthen family resources
- Feel better about your caregiving
- Take care of you!