The Savvy Caregiver Training is a FREE six-week program for family and friends who are active caregivers, caring for those living with Alzheimer’s or related dementias.
The program, offered at no cost by Coastline, will be held 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays from April 12 to May 17 at the Mattapoisett Council on Aging, 17 Barstow St., Mattapoisett.
Taking care of a person living with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia is specialized work. To do it successfully, caregivers need special skills, knowledge and a positive attitude that helps them to care for themselves.
Savvy Caregiver will help you:
- Understand the impact of dementia on both you and the person you are caring for;
- Learn the skills you need to manage daily life;
- Take control and set goals;
- Communicate more effectively;
- Strengthen family resources; and,
- Feel better about your caregiving.
For more information, or to register, contact Stephanie Gibson at 774-510-0193 or register online at www.healthyliving4me.org.
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the Administration for Community Living in collaboration with the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs and Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley and North Shore, Inc.