Taking care of a person living with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia is specialized work. To do this work successfully, caregivers need special skills, knowledge, and a positive attitude that helps them care for themselves.
The Savvy Caregiver Program is a FREE six-session training for family and friends who are active caregivers, caring for those living with Alzheimer’s or related dementias.
The program will be held every Wednesday from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. starting on October 30 and running to December 11. (No class during the week of Thanksgiving.)
The group will me at the Millicent Library, 45 Center St., Fairhaven, MA (in the Library Auditorium, use the Walnut St. entrance).
This program is offered by Coastline. For more information or to register (pre-registration required), call Coastline’s Information and Referral Department at 508-999-6400.
This program will help you:
- Understand the impact of dementia on both you and the person you are caring for
- Learn the skills you need to manage daily life
- Take control and set goals
- Communicate more effectively
- Strengthen family resources
- Feel better about your caregiving
- Take care of you!