Powerful Tools for Caregivers is a six-week educational program designed to help take care of you while you’re caring for a loved one. You will benefit from this class whether you are helping a parent, spouse, friend, or someone who lives at home, in a nursing home, or across the country.
The course will be held once a week from January 19 through February 23, 2021, from 10 a.m. to noon.
The program is provided at no cost by Coastline. iPads are available to borrow.
The program will meet once a week via Zoom for six weeks and covers the following topics:
- Week 1: Taking Care of You
- Week 2: Identifying and Reducing Stress
- Week 3: Communicating Feelings, Needs, and Concern
- Week 4: Communicating in Challenging Situations
- Week 5: Learning from our Emotions
- Week 6: Mastering Caregiving Decisions
For more information or to register, please call Stephanie Gibson at 774-510-5209 or email her at email@example.com.
Note: This program does not focus on specific diseases or hands-on caregiving for the care recipient. These workshops are not intended for professionals.